Web pages… we all think that making a web page and getting visitors is very easy. Is it? Though.
As marketer experts more than once we have heard the statement: “I have a website and my potential clients will find me.” However, just having a website does not mean that you reach your potential customers.
It is not as simple as it seems, when making a website we must take into account different elements so that it is positioned organically. Among these elements stands out:
In this article we would like to share with everyone how the content of a website should be structured so that it is positioned organically in the search engine.
Basic structure of a web page:
The basic structure that the content of a website must have follows the following structure:
Main title (<h1>)
It is very important not to put more than one title or subtitle in a row without text or multimedia content. Search engines may consider it as spam actions.
Take in mind that “<h1>” there can only be one; but “<h2> and <h3>” there can be more than 1 in the article; as long as they are separated by text or some media from each other. It is in these tags, where it is important to place the keywords with which we want to reach the target audience; since, search engines give them more relevance.
We must also highlight the importance of adding multimedia content related to the topic discussed, which helps the user to better understand the information that is being shared. Such as infographics, videos, images…
Give the information that our target audience needs
When we create content or offer information for our consumers or public, we must bear in mind what they need, and offer them quality answers that serve to satisfy their needs.
Offering content that your target audience is looking for is not easy, it consists of a whole research process; for this we must investigate our buyer persona and find out what words they put in the search engine to solve their doubts or satisfy their needs with tools such as: semrush , afhers, sistrix,… We can find out what they search for in Google to solve their doubts. That is, these commented tools help us to make a keyword plan; to use in the content that we are going to publish, to reach our target audience.
This allows us to better understand the needs of our audience and what words they use to find the products or services we offer. In this way we know what words we should use so that it reaches our content.
In addition, by making use of these keywords and placing them in places such as titles and subtitles, we make Google understand what keywords or topic we are positioning this article for.
How does google rate a web page?
Before talking about the keys to organically position content, we should discuss how search engines work.
Search engines have different elements when scoring a web page:
- First of all, what search engines do is understand what a page does or offers, if the web page is clearly organized and its intention is understood, it receives a high score.
- Secondly, it analyses whether users can meet the objective for what they have entered into the web; this is evaluated according to the bounce rate and the user’s internal navigation or if the user has had to return to the search engine to perform a new search to solve the doubts.
- Third, it takes into account whether the content offered on the website is harmful or not.
All this allows Google to give a score to the page. Depending on the score it receives from Google, the website will be easier to have a better organic positioning and at the same time greater visibility.
6 elements that help to position your content
There are certain elements that allow improving the organic positioning of the published content, these are:
1. Give the information in a clear way, that is, offer the option of knowing the answer that responds only when entering the beginning of the article, with the option to continue reading and deepen in the topic and learn more about it.
That is, organise the article in three parts:
a) A first part with the answer to the main question.
b) A second part where the topic is a little bit more developed.
c) A third part in which the subject to be treated is developed in depth.
2. Know the words that our audience uses to search for a product or service and thus be able to offer the information and satisfy the needs of our target audience
3. Offer quality information that really solves the needs or doubts that the user has. This means providing real information in the articles without it being invented and that it is new; that it is the only one that is not indicated in other blogs. It is also very important that the content is well written and easy to understand.
4. Use the keywords that the user uses to search for information and their synonyms, placing it in strategic places.
5. Get backlinks naturally, although this is a difficult task. On some occasions you can work to “buy” backlinks, although if this action is carried out, it should be done with caution since it is considered black hat and if you suddenly appear with 20 Backlinks in different blogs; it can generate suspicion to the search engine and be penalized for carrying out actions of attempts to deceive the search engine
6. Strategically place keywords. The placement of the keywords and the structure of the content is essential for a good score, but it is even more important that the information offered is clear and concise and that it really answers the questions that users have entered to solve when entering the Web.
We must bear in mind that currently search engines, specifically Google, seek to offer the best user experience and offer the best and true content to them. This implies all the updates that they are carrying out at the level of content, loading time, and product reviews. All updates to Google’s algorithms are intended to further assess essential elements to deliver the best user experience.
With this article you should be able to optimize your website’s content in a basic SEO level. However, if you still have some trouble and do you wish us to help you improving the visibility and lead generation of your website, please do not hesitate to contact us! We are willing to help you.